PDA

View Full Version : stair display

Max Lloyd
2005-06-20, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

hopefully just a quickie....

When you draw a staircase (ie from level 1 to level 2) and view it from level 1, it shows it with a break line and then dashes the lines to indicate the stair continuing above. I like this as a preference, but the question is: is it possible to NOT show the staircase above the breakline?

It's just I have 2 staircases over the top of one another and it has become confusing to look at.

Thanks,

Max.

SkiSouth
2005-06-20, 04:20 PM
Hi all,
, but the question is: is it possible to NOT show the staircase above the breakline?

change the color of the cut line of the stairs to white
(object style->stairs->stairs beyond cut line) or in the view concerned, turn this same object style off..

cosmickingpin
2005-06-20, 04:22 PM
Two ways.
under Visibility/graphices box, uncheck the "stairs beyond cut line"
or to remove it project wide under oject styles, make "stairs beying cut line" a white line

Hi all,

hopefully just a quickie....

When you draw a staircase (ie from level 1 to level 2) and view it from level 1, it shows it with a break line and then dashes the lines to indicate the stair continuing above. I like this as a preference, but the question is: is it possible to NOT show the staircase above the breakline?

It's just I have 2 staircases over the top of one another and it has become confusing to look at.

Thanks,

Max.

Max Lloyd
2005-06-20, 04:28 PM
Thanks Guys.

I can't believe I have never seen those options in the visibility settings before. I think I had better expand all the options there and see what other goodies I can find.

cosmickingpin
2005-06-20, 05:03 PM
I do the same thing all the time I call it the OMGIRT (Oh My God It's Right There) syndrome, happens a lot on Mondays.

Thanks Guys.

I can't believe I have never seen those options in the visibility settings before. I think I had better expand all the options there and see what other goodies I can find.

bowlingbrad
2005-06-20, 05:24 PM
..OMGIRT..

Whew, glad it's not just me!

zenomail105021
2005-06-20, 07:23 PM
Two ways.
under Visibility/graphices box, uncheck the "stairs beyond cut line"

I am having the same problem but I can't find the Visibility/graphics box you refer to. Could someone please help? Thanks.

Bill Maddox

Max Lloyd
2005-06-20, 07:35 PM
simply type 'VV' and the visibility box will appear. Alternatively, right click within the main drawing area on screen, go to view properties (or 'VP' as a shortcut). Then find visibility settings on the menu. I'm sure you will have seen this box a hundred times already. Its where you select the visibility of things like walls, doors, annotations etc. (dare I say it, a bit like where you switch layers on and off in AutoCAD....)

Edited: alternatively, go to the view drop down menu, then select visibility/graphics. Pay attention to the drop down menus as alongside some of them they have the keyboard shortcuts. Some of them, in particular vv, vp, sd, hl etc and all the snaps se, sm, si etc I use frequently. Is it me or having looked back ovr the menubar, are there more keyboard shortcuts in version 8?

zenomail105021
2005-06-20, 07:46 PM
Thanks Max. I just didn't think to Expand All. Appreciate the help.

Bill Maddox