PDA

View Full Version : Change titleblock without creating a new sheet

Exar Kun
2005-06-21, 04:49 AM
Is it possible to change the titleblock on a sheet so that all my views remain unchaged, just the new title block is brought in? This would be handy when going from one phase of a job to another as we have different titleblocks from sketch plan to documentation.

beegee
2005-06-21, 04:59 AM
Sure. Load in the different title blocks. In a sheet view, select the title block and then swap it with another from the menu drop down in the options bar.

You can also select "all instances" from the browser and swap them out for a new titleblock family.

Exar Kun
2005-06-21, 05:05 AM
Argh! So easy - was looking in entirely the wrong place.

Thanks beegee. :)

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-21, 07:14 AM
Tagging on...

It also pays to build all titleblocks from the same "origin" so your information/border will stay in roughly the same location. It might minimize how much you have to tweak view placement on the sheets after a switch. I've encountered titleblocks of the same "size" that start where another ends and that makes it a bit unpleasant when you switch em

aaronrumple
2005-06-21, 12:18 PM
...and that origin would be the lower left corner of a factoy titleblock. Expand new sizes up and to the right.

bowlingbrad
2005-06-21, 12:32 PM
Also watch out and don't place/extend Ref Lines or Ref Planes outside of your border. This screws up the plot origin.

LRaiz
2005-06-21, 12:41 PM
I think that shifting views when replacing a titleblock may be considered to be a bug. It should be possible to keep an outline of a titleblock in the same position relative to placed views regardless of titleblock origin.

patricks
2005-06-21, 04:45 PM
...and that origin would be the lower left corner of a factoy titleblock. Expand new sizes up and to the right.

Hmm I think we would tend to go up and to the left with ours, if changing from like a 24x36 to a 30x42 sheet. Reason being that our sets are bound on the left side, with title block info along the right border of the sheet, and things over towards the left might tend to get lost in the bounding, so we keep things justified to the right on our sheets. In fact our numbering system for details on sheets goes like this:

4E 4D 4C 4B 4A
3E 3D 3C 3B 3A
2E 2D 2C 2B 2A
1E 1D 1C 1B 1A

So a detail in the lower right corner, next to the sheet number, is numbered as 1A, or one on the upper right is 4A, etc.