PDA

View Full Version : Group Clean Up Time

bowlingbrad
2005-06-21, 06:30 PM
We're trying to clean up our messy project, a 7 story apartment building. We have unit groups and corridor groups. We want to (somehow) move the elements from the corridor groups into the unit groups by splitting the corridor walls into sections and include them in the unit groups. Running into way too many errors to list here. For example, some unit bathtubs are hosted onto corridor group walls. We want to make the entire unit/corridor a group.

I know there are problems with groups so, we want to consolidate. Any good practices out there? Do we ungroup everything and re-group correctly? ...What is correct?

...Factory?

patricks
2005-06-21, 06:46 PM
Do you have only one group type for corridors, and one type for units? If so, then I think you could just ungroup one of each, modify as needed, then re-group each into new types for unit and corridor, and then change all your other groups to the new types. After the last one is changed, the old type should disappear, I think, or you will get a message saying there are no instances of the old type and the type will be deleted.