PDA

View Full Version : WALL TAG BUG

neb1998
2005-06-22, 02:57 PM
I have found a bug of sorts with revit building. When you try to drag a wall tag from one type of wall to another the wall tag does not update to the new wall type. I dont see this as a major problem but it could cause some discrepancies on drawings.

Anyone else have this same problem?

patricks
2005-06-22, 03:06 PM
When you drag a wall tag, it will still reference the wall that you had originally tagged. You can even drag the tag off of a wall completely and it will still have the number of that wall, even though the leader isn't pointing to anything. Just tag the other wall instead of trying to drag tags around.

clarkitekt
2005-06-22, 03:07 PM
it's not really a bug. You can't drag wall tags from one wall to another. Once placed, wall tags retain their association to the tagged wall, regardless of where the tag happens to get moved in the view. You should be able to see the wall that a tag is attached to by selecting the tag and choosing the "leader" option from the tool bar. You can right click on a wall tag and choose "create similar" to tag a new wall.

aaronrumple
2005-06-22, 03:07 PM
Do you have a leader? You'll find the leader stays with the original object.

patricks
2005-06-22, 03:34 PM
Do you have a leader? You'll find the leader stays with the original object.

If the leader segment is not straight, then the portion of the leader touching the wall will stay with the wall if you drag the crosshairs to move the wall tag. If the leader is straight, then the leader will move with the tag, even if you move it off the wall.

If you use click and drag to move the wall tag (instead of the crosshairs) then the whole tag including leader will move, whether the leader is straight or not, even if you move it off the end of a wall.

I noticed a similar thing happening with ceiling tags. I had a lay-in ceiling with 2x4 tiles, and I had to rotate the pattern 90 degrees from how it was originally inserted, and all my ceiling tags rotated with it, sometimes off of the actual ceiling and onto other areas. This was on a large ceiling area, on which I had multiple tags referencing the same ceiling.