PDA

View Full Version : How to achieve this pattern

david.kingham
2005-06-22, 04:04 PM
I don't think there is a way to create this as a fill pattern...how should I go about creating this?

cosmickingpin
2005-06-22, 04:27 PM
There are several pattern editors for sale that you can achieve this with. I wouldn't attempt it without one of them. They range in complexity, some let you sketch what you want and generates the *.txt file automatically. Chances are it won't be free. In terms of the shading, if you can't do it in autocad then you can't do it in revit as they are defined by the same format.

***After thought***For me time is money so figure hwo much money/ you can spend messing with this and expect to in the future, and if your paticular equasion works out then it might really worth the 50$ for a nice pattern editor that you can use forever, in both revit and any other platform. I have my pattern editor all picked out and as soon as I run into one I can figure out in 20 minutes I will pick it up, but so far that hasn't happened.

I don't think there is a way to create this as a fill pattern...how should I go about creating this?

aaronrumple
2005-06-22, 04:43 PM
You can do two patterns. One would be the shaded pattern. The other as a transparent overlay of a filled region. It could get fussy..

bowlingbrad
2005-06-22, 04:52 PM
Did with HatchKit. - No Shading though.

Made Lines in AutoCAD.
Imported DXF into HatchKit.
Saved as Revit Model Pattern.
Set to Surface Pattern of Material.

Funny thing, though... If you look at the icon for the floor tool, it looks like the pattern you're trying to create! Should be a little easier, IMHO.

NOTE: Just change .txt to .pat for pattern file and import into Revit

J. Grouchy
2005-06-22, 05:02 PM
The squares are easy enough in Revit alone...just set crosshatching to whatever the appropriate spacing is at 90 degree angles to each other. If you're actually looking for the shading...might as well just use Brad's...

cosmickingpin
2005-06-22, 07:14 PM
Around my neck of the woods, we show a generic pattern for the layout, then do a pattern detail to show complexity and orientation. If you are doing it for presentation purposes, just add it with a photo image editing software. Like these other folks have said if you have a head for pattern files go for it, me kn the other hand, if I can throw 50$ at it one time and make is disappear forever as a problem, why not?

The squares are easy enough in Revit alone...just set crosshatching to whatever the appropriate spacing is at 90 degree angles to each other. If you're actually looking for the shading...might as well just use Brad's...

patricks
2005-06-22, 08:32 PM
Hate to hijack the thread, but how were the wall finish tags (for the paint) done? How did you get 2 vertices in the leader lines?

david.kingham
2005-06-22, 08:37 PM
Wow thanks everyone, guess I'll be getting hatchkit, that will work well enough i think

The picture i posted is done in acad patrick

J. Grouchy
2005-06-22, 08:54 PM
Wow thanks everyone, guess I'll be getting hatchkit, that will work well enough i think

The picture i posted is done in acad patrick

one thing that gave it away was the origin of the leader lines from the tags...they aren't so flexible in Revit...