PDA

View Full Version : Installation Failures!!!

sbrown
2004-01-14, 12:47 AM
We need some help. Anytime we install revit with the following setup, see attached .doc file We get the an unrecoverable error has occured...

The machines are new dell optiplex, with the patches/services packs on the .doc file.

Has anyone had any problems with any of these.

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-14, 12:54 AM
We just received 12 new Dell Optiplex units and we've not encountered any installation failures so far. I'll take a look at the patch history tomorrow. Are you saying the last hotfix is the "one" or one of the list and you don't know which is "suspect"?

sbrown
2004-01-14, 01:02 AM
I don't know which one does it, the IT guys here push that entire list at once on to each new machine. If I install revit before they do that, no problem.

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-14, 03:17 AM
If you guys are using the same kind of software we are, then set up a Revit install Action Profile (Powerquest's term) for them and have them run it in front of their patches. I use Revit.ini to establish our networks shares in Revit and PowerQuest fills in the users initials for worksets.

I realize that's not an answer, but at least you don't have to worry about the installs.

aggockel50321
2004-01-14, 01:03 PM
I had that problem (using a Dell Optiplex gx150) about 8 months ago. The automatic windows update icon informed me of new security (i think) patches, I let it go ahead & install them, & Revit crashed everytime I tried to start it, so i just uninstalled the patch.

This past summer I was upgraded to a gx260 & no problems so far, & the windows update says I'm current. Attached is the list of hotfixes installed, & it seems a little different than yours.

I wish I could remember what patch caused the problem, the machine is no longer here...