PDA

View Full Version : Temp Levels.

Paul P.
2004-01-14, 11:12 AM
I've got a problem with two levels in my project, first and second floor levels are greyed out and both say Temp. Level 1 and I can't work out why. I dont know what i've done to change them and tried everything I could think of to sort them out.

Anyone know what i've done or how to change them back.

aggockel50321
2004-01-14, 12:36 PM
Are you in a sketch mode, i.e. creating an in-place family, or using the design option tool & editing one of the options??

The design option tool is a great addition, but there's no icon or "end editing" command that shows on the screen while in the edit mode that I'm aware of (new wishlist item), so if you left for a break or lunch, you might forget that you're in an edit mode on one of the options.

I've never expierenced the Temp. Level behavior you describe.

gsHoeflinger
2004-01-14, 07:13 PM
Actually i just had the same thing happen to a large project i was working on as well. First time i ever saw them as well.

The 'real' levels are underneath these temp. levels if you stretch the level lines away from the model you should see the 2 sets. I deleted them with no apparent effects, but i still unsure how they got into the model. (BTW I am still using 5.1 - stupid office network)

GSH

irwin
2004-01-15, 03:46 AM
The design option tool is a great addition, but there's no icon or "end editing" command that shows on the screen while in the edit mode that I'm aware of (new wishlist item), so if you left for a break or lunch, you might forget that you're in an edit mode on one of the options.

Turn on the Design Options toolbar. The same button that lets you select an option to edit from the pull down also indicates that you are editing an option. Press it again to stop editing the option.

hj
2004-04-26, 09:14 PM
We are experiencing this problem as well, dragging the level out didn't reveal the real levels. Can anyone tell me why this happens and what can be done to fix it?

JamesVan
2004-04-27, 01:36 PM
We had the same problem, but it seemed to be resolved when we upgraded the project to 6.1. We were then able to delete the temp levels.

hj
2004-04-28, 06:00 AM
we are using 6.1 and still the temp.levels persist. Is there no solution?

sfaust
2004-04-28, 04:24 PM
I have a project that just did this as well. I can not select the temp level or do anything to it. I also seem to have a floor slab that I did not draw. This slab is a mirror image of one of the floors that I did draw, but it is greyed out just like the temp level. It does not print, however. What does anyone make of that?