PDA

View Full Version : Creating .plt files

christo4robin
2003-05-16, 05:27 PM
I have to send files to a shop that can't handle .pdf's. When I plot to a virtual HP-755cm and check plot to file, I get .prn files. Help says I can choose between .plt's and .prn's. But it doesn't tell me how.

Anybody?

Thanks,

Christopher

Scott D Davis
2003-05-16, 05:32 PM
When it prompts for a file name, change the pull-down for the filename extention from PRN to PLT.

christo4robin
2003-05-16, 05:45 PM
If I select several sheets to be plotted, I don't get the file type drop down. Can I just change the file extension from .prn to .plt?

Am I understanding that the guts of the two file types are the same and that it is only the cosmetic file extension that is different?

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-16, 05:55 PM
You need to check the Plot to File check box, then a filename prefix option is offered....fillin the prefix you want to use and then change the extension from prn to plt...(wish it was by default...) in the drop down combo box...

Scott D Davis
2003-05-16, 06:01 PM
I think PRN handles multiple sheets, and PLT is single sheet. Since you are selecting several at a time, it is trying to create one PRN file for the multiple sheets. You may need to select sinlge sheets to create separate PLT files for each sheet.