PDA

View Full Version : Can views be linked to a Schedule

ryan.88885
2005-06-24, 12:13 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to link a sheet view to a schedule so that when you reposition a view on a sheet or change it's properties (name, number, etc.) it updates in the Schedule? I feel like I've seen this done in a seminar but I maybe I was dreaming. My specific condition relates to linking head, jamb, and sill details of doors/windows to their respective door number in the door schedule.

patricks
2005-06-24, 01:15 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to link a sheet view to a schedule so that when you reposition a view on a sheet or change it's properties (name, number, etc.) it updates in the Schedule? I feel like I've seen this done in a seminar but I maybe I was dreaming. My specific condition relates to linking head, jamb, and sill details of doors/windows to their respective door number in the door schedule.

Those are instance parameters in each door and window family. Are you talking about making the schedule update if you change the placement/number of the detail that the schedule refers to? I don't think there's a way to do that, unless you made them type parameters, and were able to use some kind of formula, but I don't know if there is a formula operator/variable that can call out another view's placement on a sheet.

And then even if there were, you would have to make separate door types for every type of door in every different type of wall condition you had in the project. Often there are similar doors that are in different wall types, but since the default parameters are instance, we can call out the same door type and frame type, but have different details referenced for each different wall type in which the door occurs.