PDA

View Full Version : Detail numbering frustrations....

Adam Mac
2005-06-24, 01:19 AM
Hi all..

Why do i keep getting the message - when trying to change my FIRST detail in a project to "1" - i get the message that this number is already in use??

I haven't created any details prior to this one!!! There is NO Detail 1!!
It's P**##ing me off no end!!

I have had this problem before and managed to work around it - but can't seem to this time.

Is there an easy way to sort this out?

Any help much appreciated.

Adam

beegee
2005-06-24, 01:29 AM
Check your template file. Did you assign a blank detail as detail 1 there ? If so, Revit thinks that number is already being used.

Adam Mac
2005-06-24, 01:49 AM
Beegee -

i've checked my template and have no details in there....
i've found in the past that (i think) Revit treats elevations and details the same with regards to numbering? I think i solved my problem in the past by ensuring that NO other view or elevation was numbered 1 (or whatever) and then i could number my detail however i liked.

Have you experienced this?

funkman
2005-06-24, 04:04 AM
2 thoughts:

1. go to settings > browser organization > check not on sheets
did this detail come up? Then delete it.

2. Do you have a detail that is hidden in view anywhere?
if so, find it and delete that view

Adam Mac
2005-06-24, 05:07 AM
Thanks for your reply Funkman - tried what you suggested - no luck.

Thanks again.

beegee
2005-06-24, 05:18 AM
Revit allows you to have a Detail 1, an Elevation 1 , and a Section 1.

The standard Metric Template AUSENU commences Detail numbering at 0 and Elevation or Section numbering at 1.

Maybe you could open that, use TPS for your current template and save as a new template. It should then work, I'm hoping.

Beegee -

i've checked my template and have no details in there....
i've found in the past that (i think) Revit treats elevations and details the same with regards to numbering? I think i solved my problem in the past by ensuring that NO other view or elevation was numbered 1 (or whatever) and then i could number my detail however i liked.

Have you experienced this?

rjjlee
2005-06-24, 06:12 AM
Is this numbering on the sheet or naming of the detail? If it's on the sheet, it might be that there is another drawing with the same number...

Adam Mac
2005-06-26, 10:26 PM
Maybe you could open that, use TPS for your current template and save as a new template. It should then work, I'm hoping.

Thanks Beegee - i'll give that a shot. We don't use the standard template here so maybe this will fix the problem....

Adam

P.S. Rjjlee - yes it's sheet numbering (i.e. Detail 1/A03 etc.) that i'm having problems with.

sbrown
2005-06-27, 01:35 PM
delete the sheet and remake it, that should remove any detail that are #1. Are you saying that if you look at the project browser under sheets and click the plus you don't see any views on the sheet, but something thinks its number 1. YOu should beable to see all the views on the sheet, select them from the project browser and check their properties to see which one is number 1. If not, there is some bug in your file.

Adam Mac
2005-06-27, 11:21 PM
I think i've discovered the root of my problem..... me. But apart from that i haven't been changing the "type" of callout from Section: Building Section to Detail view: Detail and have therefore (in my project browser) been getting "details" under the Sections category.

I wasn't looking under that heading in the Browser when trying to trace the numbering problem....

Thanks for all input guys.

BTW what IS the difference between Section:Building Section and Detail view:Detail?? They both appear to work the same?

beegee
2005-06-28, 01:27 AM
Refer FAQ just posted (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=146032#post146032).

>>BTW what IS the difference between Section:Building Section and Detail view:Detail?? They both appear to work the same?