PDA

View Full Version : Finishes

rjjlee
2005-06-24, 05:29 AM
Hi all,

Was wondering how you show/ schedule finishes.

I know you can create a room schedule with wall/floor/ceiling finishes stated, but how about when you have different colours on different walls or 2 floor finishes in the one room?

I am currently placing text on a plan and scheduling in excel, but this seems like such an inefficient way of doing it...

Renee

beegee
2005-06-24, 05:39 AM
Definitely not the way to do it - use Revit.

The most effective way to schedule finishes is to use a key schedule. Refer to help, or search these Forums for more detail.

If you have 2 floor finishes in the one room, you could add another column and name your finishes - Floor Finish 1 and Floor Finish 2.

patricks
2005-06-24, 05:46 AM
Ways I have seen varying wall finishes done:

Tag indicating paint finish and arrows stretching along the walls that have that finish

or

Schedule that has columns for each wall (i.e. north wall, south wall, etc).

For floors you could have separate columns for each finish, or just list them all in one field, but you should also indicate which finish is where on the plan, with some kind of hatch and a hatch legend. Ceilings can be done the same way.

rjjlee
2005-06-24, 06:21 AM
To tag a paint finish, would I have to make all the walls different? As far as I know you can't tag paint bucketed walls, can you?

I've searched the forum on indicating finishes but using a "room style" schedule key seems a little silly when 2 of each room has the same style while the others are all one- offs.

I'd like to be able to tag wall finishes in plan, but it doesn't look like I can.

beegee
2005-06-24, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't tag a paint finish - just add a column for paint and schedule it - use schedule keys though to reduce work and duplication.

rjjlee
2005-06-24, 06:45 AM
The reason why I'm interested in tagging paint finishes in plan is that I've got a reception box in a circulation space. The external walls bounding the circulation space have 2 different wall colours, the box has 1 colour externally and a different colour internally... I'm afraid it won't be very clear if I just schedule it and don't show it on plan.

beegee
2005-06-24, 07:05 AM
In that case, I would use keynotes.

The reason why I'm interested in tagging paint finishes in plan is that I've got a reception box in a circulation space. The external walls bounding the circulation space have 2 different wall colours, the box has 1 colour externally and a different colour internally... I'm afraid it won't be very clear if I just schedule it and don't show it on plan.

patricks
2005-06-24, 01:20 PM
Sorry I should not have said tag, I meant to just use a keynote.