PDA

View Full Version : shared paramater on title sheets

neels
2005-06-27, 12:29 PM
I have set up a shared paramater in the title sheet family as a text paramater, but how/where do you make the field change when you loaded it in the revit project?
It is not under - settings - project information /or under the properties of that sheet.
What am i doing wrong?

david.kingham
2005-06-27, 02:05 PM
Did you add the parameter to the project? Go to Settings > Project Parameters and add the shared parameter, select project information as the category, then it will show up

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-28, 06:46 AM
I have set up a shared paramater in the title sheet family as a text paramater, but how/where do you make the field change when you loaded it in the revit project?
It is not under - settings - project information /or under the properties of that sheet.
What am i doing wrong?You need to edit the view properties of the sheet view, not the sheet properties itself.

jbalding48677
2005-06-28, 08:55 AM
I think what you are experiencing is the fact that the parameter has either not been loaded into the project or more likely it has not been enabled on the sheets.

To add a shared parameter - go to Settings | Project Parameters | Add | Shared Parameter | Select | navigate to the parameter | Check the Drawing Sheets Category.

If the parameter is already loaded go to Settings | Project Parameters | Modify | Check the Drawing Sheets Category. Or as David has pointed out "Project Information" if you want the parameter to be global.

Now, with this method, the parameters are changed by picking the titleblock and filling in the parameter (the blue ? mark) or the view properties as SS has noted above.

That should do it -