PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Doors - Missing Common Door Parameters

bmarler
2005-06-27, 05:06 PM
I was trying to insert a Curtain Wall Door Component and I noticed that it no longer has the default parameters associated to doors when you create the component like it did in Revit 7, so when the door is then inserted into the project the schedules don't update as the the model does. Also we are having problems because all of our door swings don't show correctly because they were constrained to those parameters.

bowlingbrad
2005-06-27, 06:06 PM
I was seeing the same issues with embedded curtainwalls. The From Room and To Room parameters don't work.

bmarler
2005-06-27, 06:48 PM
The To and From Room parameters work most of the time; but I'm wondering why those parameters (height, width, thickness) just disapeared, how are we to make proper curtain wall doors now?

Tom Dorner
2005-06-27, 06:57 PM
I've started changing the curtain wall panel I want to place a door in to a generic wall type of the same thickness of the curtain panel. Doing this allows you to simply insert regular door families into the curtain wall at this panel location.

If you set your curtain grid up carefully the door insertion completely cuts the embedded wall to where nothing of the wall remains.

HTH

Tom

bmarler
2005-06-27, 07:07 PM
That may work, but then you have an extra wall type on your schedule you have to filter and then your mullions and frame for the curtain wall and door aren't going to line up properly. I'm wondering what the solution or reasoning for taking it away is from the Revit people?