PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Can't Open file!!!

zbubbas
2005-06-28, 12:09 AM
I get the message "An Unrecovereble Error has occured..." when I open a file I have been working on today. I was just going to print the project and now I'm stuck!!! Is there any way to contact support directly with out the 2 hour wait?

sbrown
2005-06-28, 12:33 AM
Can you open a back up? try turning off your hardware accelleration, windows>display properties>advanced> troubleshooting.

Is the file a lot larger than the last backup? IF so a problem happend during save and the file is toast. As for contacting support, I'm not sure if they still are open on the east coast after 8:00pm

zbubbas
2005-06-28, 07:31 PM
I saved the project last Friday and Revit created the backup as usual. I worked on it yesterday (Monday) and saved 3 times throughout the day. Every back up file except the one saved Friday is now "Unrecoverable". I opened up the backup file and did a "Save as" and renamed it. I then redrafted the portion of the project that I lost. Then printed the project, saved and closed the program. Before I left I tried to open the new file up again and ..."Unrecoverable error". I don't have hardware acceleration on either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way it is day 2 and still no word from Revit support. I thought they were supposed to be really good about support requests??

mcuevas
2005-06-28, 09:17 PM
You wouldn't by any chance happen to have any linked files in your project would you? I had a similar situation and while waiting on the 2nd day for support, I went into the cad file I was linking and noticed someone had created a circular reference in the file. That was causing it to crash every time I opened it.

Danny Polkinhorn
2005-06-28, 10:34 PM
Like Miguel, I've had this same error with linked dwg files. If the dwg file is moved so it can't be found by Revit, you might be able to open the project. I'm sending a project to Support that exhibits this, so if you determine that the dwg file is the issue, I would suggest you do the same.

Hope that helps,

zbubbas
2005-06-30, 04:16 PM
This is a praise to the Revit Suppport. Thank you soooooo much for fixing my files. I was dead in the water. Our client understood although most wouldn't have (lucky). Once you guys got my files, they were fixed before I could finish my cup of coffee. Thanks again for the great support. To everyone else please download the latest revit build that was one of the problems.