PDA

View Full Version : Making underlay darker

Henry D
2004-01-15, 10:44 PM
Is there a way to change the darkness of the underlay? I have a drawing where I want to have the underlay plot and I want to make it darker, but I can't seem to figure out how to change it.

mlgatzke
2004-01-15, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, there's not a setting to adjust this. Not yet anyway.

beegee
2004-01-16, 12:20 AM
For some situations, you can work around the underlay problem.
Electrical Plans for example :-

To create an Electrical Plan with a half tone background:

1: Create a new phase named Electrical. Make it the last phase of the project.
2: Copy the view of each level for which you want to create an Electrical Plan . Name the views ie level 1 Electrical etc.
3: In each of the Electrical Plan Views, set the phase to Electrical. Set the phase filter to show the current phase and previous.
4: Place the Electrical components in the Electrical Plan Views.
5: The building will be "greyed out " in the Electrical Plan Views, if you set the phase filter override for previous to a haltone grey. ( RGB 127,127,12 for example )

jbalding48677
2004-01-16, 02:44 AM
Off the top of my head... How about creating a floor plan view in wire frame, setting the walls doors and windows to the color of grey that works for you then place that over the top of the electrical plan on the sheet and there you have it.

On the other hand, you say under lay, do you mean the walls doors and windows of the same level? If so, you could just adjust the color of them in the view visibility for that view to show the way you want.

Point of clarification, an underlay is a level below or above that you set in the view properties under "underlay" or as in the "display model as" pull down. However you can acheive the same graphic by over riding the colors and linetype in the view visibility. Hope that makes sense.

Henry D
2004-01-16, 12:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions - I'll use these workarounds.

hand471037
2004-01-16, 09:01 PM
Jim's method of layering plans of sheets work well. I did that a lot for area plans at my old job, we would layer, say, existing sprinkler coverage area over tenant suite area for leasing management jobs. The plans snap to each other too, so they always line up right...