PDA

View Full Version : Spot Dimensions on Reflected Ceiling Plan

mmolina
2005-06-28, 11:33 PM
I have a 2x4 ACT ceiling.
The structure contains the 5/8" thick panel and the frame (total 2 1/4")
The bottom of the ceiling is at 8'-0".
But when I do my spot it shows 8'-2".
I set my dimension to goto the nearest 6" and it went to 8'-0".
but why is it the spot taken from the top of the frame?
Is there a way around this?

thx
Mark

patricks
2005-06-29, 01:18 AM
You're wanting to show what the ceiling height is above the floor, I assume? Just load a ceiling tag and use the Tag tool under the drafting menu, and the tag will display the ceiling type and height.

aaronrumple
2005-06-29, 12:32 PM
Spot dimension is working ok here - you must be hitting an edge on the top of the ceiling plane and not a lower edge

However - the ceiling tag is the way to go.

mmolina
2005-06-29, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys. I built a modified tag and that worked great.

Thanks for your help.

mmolina
2005-06-29, 05:09 PM
Now I've got a new problem. This is so frustrating I can't even tell you.
Now when I use the tag on the ceiling plan it's showing 0'-0" a.f.f.
and if I manually put in 8'-0" it puts the ceiling 8'-0" above the original 8'-0"
In other words 16' in the air.
It's sad, but I'll probably just do plain text and be done with it.

hand471037
2005-06-29, 05:32 PM
That's not a bug it's a feature. ;-)

What happening here is that the 'A.F.F.' is actually just the *offset* of the ceiling from the level that's hosting it, IIRC.

So when you change that number in the tab, it's bi-directionally changing the offset, and then your ceiling is 8' above the level that it's hosted by.

So, either change the level that is hosting the ceiling to the level below (which I usally don't do, because I like to be able to move the whole ceiling grid up and down), or make a tag that just allows you to fill out the A.F.F., or use a point elevation instead...

patricks
2005-06-29, 05:35 PM
Did you modify a ceiling tag that comes in the Revit library?

I've never really messed with ceiling tags, but I suspect that they merely display the "offset" parameter that the ceiling is set to.

Now that I think about it, check your model. What level does the ceiling properties show? Is it 8 feet above the ground floor, or did you make a level for the ceiling that is 8 ft. above the floor and place the ceiling at 0 ft. above that ceiling level?