PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2005 freezes when copying objects to clipboard (ctrl+c)

hjalmar
2005-06-29, 12:15 PM
Since switching to AutoCAD 2005, I've been having problems with copying objects to the clipboard with ctrl+c (with the intent to paste them to their original coordinates in another drawing). 7 times out of 10, the program stops responding for 15-30 seconds after issuing this command. This happens regardless of whether I copy 3 objects or 300, and the type of objects being copied has no influence either. This is becoming quite a hassle, since this operation is quite common for me.

I'm running AutoCAD 2005, SP1 on Windows XP, latest SP:s. Never had this problem with 2004, and I can't find anyone with similar problems on the forums. Any thoughts?

Mike.Perry
2005-06-29, 08:32 PM
Hi

Do you experience this same delay in other applications when using Ctrl+C ?

Have a good one, Mike

hjalmar
2005-06-30, 06:34 AM
No, never had this problem in other applications. During these lock-ups, the CPU is experiencing a full workload. Maybe it has something to do with the way AutoCAD handles the Windows clipboard?

By the way, it's AutoCAD LT2005 I'm working in, not the full version.

Mike.Perry
2005-06-30, 06:47 AM
By the way, it's AutoCAD LT2005 I'm working in, not the full version.Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) Forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator