PDA

View Full Version : revit.pat file question

Kirk Bricker
2005-06-29, 05:14 PM
I removed the revit.pat, and revit metric.pat file from the directory (C:Program Files\Autodesk Revit Building 8\Data) it did not change anything (after rebooting) in Revit LOL. The fill patterns worked as normal, The .pat files must be hidden somewhere else. I was hoping to just replace the revit.pat file with a new revit.pat file that is loaded with fill patterns, wishful thinking. Has anybody found a quicker way of loading fill patterns into Revit? I guess we will need to take some time, and load all of them as a new custom patterns into our Template file - bummer. So, the only Cad Management is your template file, other than rendering, spell check, and maybe shared perameters?

Kirk

aaronrumple
2005-06-29, 05:38 PM
The *.pat file is there for loading future patterns.
Once loaded in a project - they are embeded in that project. No other file is needed. And yes - they belong in your template.

The project is the CADD management. Revit uses almost no other external files.

patricks
2005-06-29, 05:41 PM
the only major outside files I can think of are Accurender materials.

Kirk Bricker
2005-06-29, 06:16 PM
thanks for the reply guys.

So, as I see it the revit.pat file is only there to accept new added pat files in a project or template. So the out of the box default revit file already had some fill patterns loaded into the file, and that is why there are some already in the file?

Kirk

bowlingbrad
2005-06-29, 06:23 PM
the only major outside files I can think of are Accurender materials.

The only other outside file I can add is the shxfontmap.txt file.

FK
2005-07-02, 03:05 AM
revit.pat is there to serve as an example. Revit can load any .pat file you care to navigate to. Yes, this means loading things by hand into your template, but you only need to do that once.