PDA

View Full Version : My latest...

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 06:59 AM
Here is my latest project, currently under way. What do you guys think?

Kroke
2004-01-16, 07:52 AM
OMFG! That driveway is INSANELY steep! Are you serious??? The house is great, but man, they needed to excavate more and put a retaining wall on the upper side of the house so they could have lowered the garage. Wow! What if you drive a lowered sportscar, the bumper would hit before you had a chance to troll up the drive. I can't believe the slope of that thing meets code, amazing!

Like the veneer rockwork btw :lol:

PeterJ
2004-01-16, 11:52 AM
James is right, even if you don't nose the bumper into the slope you'll get to the top and the chassis will drop onto the angle as the front wheels roll into the garage.

Les Therrien
2004-01-16, 12:45 PM
Don't forget this one!

brentcarlson892079
2004-01-16, 02:32 PM
You should have made the driveway look like a off-road trail and market the neighborhood as a JEEP community. :D

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-16, 03:40 PM
...OMFG! That driveway is INSANELY steep!...

Nicely said...that is extreme, neither of my cars could get on that driveway or in the garage...(front spoilers would have to go and I'd scrape the undercarriage, first time in, no muffler or drive shaft, after

I know most of your work is in a floodplain but wow...how do the owners feel about that? Good thing it doesn't snow there, on the other hand it might make a great launch for skateboarders...hehe

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 04:24 PM
Alright, alright...

thanks therrien...you ust hang out at the accurender ng too? :wink:

Guys, this is not my work. But is apparently an actual project...don't know where. I poached it off of the accurender newsgroup under a thread called "Why we need civil engineers and architects".

I thought you guys would get a kick out of it and tell me to go back to school. Thanks for being so polite! :D

Seriously, though, I don't think even my SUV could get up that driveway. I think you would bottom out every time. I really like the one therrien posted...the skid marks where someone tried to get up there...and couldn't! I imagine this is in the hills, probably somwhere it snows and gets cold enough to ice up. When it got that cold you would have to de-ice your driveway before you could go down that thiing. Crazy. :screwy:

Sorry about the fib :evil:

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-16, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah sure, now that we complain about the driveway it's "not" your work...haha :twisted: Thanks for sharing, folks here will get a kick out of these.

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 04:38 PM
Come one Steve, I use Revit! I don't think you could make this kind of mistake with Revit unless you actually had never gone to school or worked for someone or lived in a house. :wink:

That said, I am feeling worse and worse about deceiving you guys. I'll try to make it up...

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-16, 05:00 PM
Oooh yeah that's right I forgot, the "driveway tool" says...beep beep beep "WARNING, slope is EXCESSIVE, may result in liability lawsuits...beep beep beep

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 05:04 PM
I know! Ain't 7.0 cool. I love the audible warning settings!

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-16, 05:10 PM
Why is it you are always one version behind Greg? You're on subscription, you should plan to install the new version right away, as soon as you get and stop procrastinating... :twisted:

Scott D Davis
2004-01-16, 07:21 PM
That house project is is Coppell, Texas. (Just North of DFW Airport) My Uncle is a GC, and builds custom homes in that area. He is going to go check out this subdivision, and take some more pictures!

Can you imagine getting high-centered trying to get in the garage???

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 07:23 PM
Yeah, you could get a reinforced steel undercarriage and just always plan on "teetering" onto your driveway.

How'd you find out where it is?

bclarch
2004-01-16, 07:43 PM
That picture must have been cropped to remove the lawyers handing out business cards.

Kroke
2004-01-16, 08:41 PM
Lol, that is hilarious, ok, you did get me. I was trying to figure out why you would post a pic of the driveway. "Is he trying to show the flatwork he did? He's not really showing the house." I was a bit confused.

Oh man, try to get a pic of him ON the driveway, that would be sweet.

I can see the sign to the subdivision now:

"Darwin Drives Subdivision
(Brake check on right)
4X4's Only, 33" Buckshots minimum
Chains & Traction devices REQUIRED"

Kroke
2004-02-20, 10:19 PM
That house project is is Coppell, Texas. (Just North of DFW Airport) My Uncle is a GC, and builds custom homes in that area. He is going to go check out this subdivision, and take some more pictures!

Can you imagine getting high-centered trying to get in the garage???

Hey, any updates on this Scott?

Scott D Davis
2004-02-21, 01:09 AM
Not yet! Keep you posted...

Vincent Valentijn
2004-02-24, 01:28 PM
maybe the client has a problem with starting his car .. this way he gets a free push every morning? or he really hates the idea of his kids playing basketball in the driveway? or he needed an excuse to convince the wife that they needed a 4x4? :roll: could be anything if you ask me...