PDA

View Full Version : Dragging Grid Bubbles

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 10:13 PM
What is causing me to not be able to drag a grid bubble out of the way of another bubble on my reflected ceiling plan? I remember running into this before, but I can't remember why it came up. I can drag it up and down along its line, but I can't pull it sideways out of the way. It's fine in the associated floor plan.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-01-16, 10:24 PM
There are two grips for manipulating the grid line. Sometimes they get too close together and you have to tab select to get the one that offsets rather than the one that lengthens.

gregcashen
2004-01-16, 10:32 PM
They are both there. They just won't allow me to use them other than to drag the head up and down along the line. The floor plan grid bubble drag fine.

Paul Monsef
2004-01-16, 11:11 PM
I ran into this in a project running worksets. I was able to move the grid bubble UP/DOWN but trying to move the actual bubble LEFT/RIGHT was no working...

I believe simply making whichever workset holds your Grids editible does the trick... :?

This is of course the first project i've used worksets on AND also the first 6.0 project. So, I just assumed this behavior was normal. :?:

gregcashen
2004-01-17, 01:01 AM
And if there are no worksets in this project...?

beegee
2004-01-17, 02:19 AM
Try selecting the grid, right click, choose the "Reset Extents to Default" option.
May help.... ?

gregcashen
2004-01-17, 02:47 AM
Alright, I solved it. Turns out I had locked the grid using the lock tool. So that it would not accidentally move if I stretched something attached to it when I got the inevitable overconstrained error and inevitably unconstrained it. You have to unlock the grid line, drag the head, then lock it again. I don't why it lets you move the head up and down but not side to side when it is locked. It's not like it was moving the actual grid line location...maybe should be changed?