PDA

View Full Version : Revit Roofs again

janunson
2005-07-01, 01:37 PM
Maybe this is a wish, but the attached roof should work!
Why does this roof only work when all slopes are equal? The gable should be able to be set to any slope and still work, even if the gable ends up higher than the shed, it's still possible! Is there a trick to this, or is this just another Revit-Can't-Do-This-Roof problem and i'll have to always do one like this in 2 pieces and calculate the valleys myself? I hope there's a trick, because if not, i could do the roof better on paper!

christopher.zoog51272
2005-07-01, 02:47 PM
Here you go, it's not exact, but it's close (off by a 1/4" at either side). If you build it like this, you can have either side of the shed roof at different pitches, try it!

If you really wanted to, you could probably get it to within 1/128"

hth,
Z

janunson
2005-07-01, 02:57 PM
you the man... thanks!

bowlingbrad
2005-07-01, 03:06 PM
Here you go, it's not exact, but it's close (off by a 1/4" at either side). If you build it like this, you can have either side of the shed roof at different pitches, try it!

If you really wanted to, you could probably get it to within 1/128"

hth,
Z

Z,
A couple of questions...
How do you make sure to dimension this correctly if you're off by 1/4"? ( 1/128 is understandable though )
Wouldn't you consider this a bug?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-07-01, 04:38 PM
Z,
A couple of questions...
How do you make sure to dimension this correctly if you're off by 1/4"? ( 1/128 is understandable though )
Wouldn't you consider this a bug?I would call it a limitation, Revit needs that little sliver of a sketch line to force the gable roof. If it could be done the way janunson had originally modeled it, that would be best.

Also, what you would need to dimension on the roof? I typically do not dimension fascia lengths or anything on the roof for that matter. When I said it was "off" I meant that the valley's were drawn a 1/4" away from the opposite fascia, so the angle is may be off by a few tenths of a degree, again not something that would typically dimension.

-Z