PDA

View Full Version : Link shell for fit-up and phase display

Eric Stewart
2005-07-01, 03:07 PM
We are in the process of producing CD's for a shell building. We are also doing the first two fit-ups in the shell. So I decided the we should link the shell in the fit-up project. However, I want to display the shell (linked model) as existing and I am having some difficulty. Has anyone done this? Any ideas?

Allen Lacy
2005-07-01, 03:35 PM
Go to Visibility/Graphic Overrides> Linked RVT Categories and under Display Settings change from automatic to existing and set your filter appropriately. This will need to be done in all views that you want to show the shell as existing.

Eric Stewart
2005-07-01, 03:39 PM
That controls the phase of the linked project. It will not make the linked file appear as "existing" in the fit-up file. I tried that before and because the shell was drawn as "New Construciton" and there was nothing "Existing" the shell disappeared.

bowlingbrad
2005-07-01, 03:54 PM
Have you tried setting the phase in the base building to Existing?

SCShell
2005-07-02, 02:51 PM
Hey there,

When I do this, I do not link the two. I simply create a new project for each Tenant Improvement, using the crop feature to limit the views. The easiest way that I have found is to then open both projects and copy the entire building shell plan to the clipboard. Then, go to the T.I. project and set the plan view to "existing" phase and then paste. This will make the entire shell "existing" and you can then change the phase to new and start laying out the T.I.

In the event that something didn't get copied over from the Shell Building, simply go back and select it, copy to the clipboard and then, in the existing phase of the T.I. plan, click edit>paste align>current view in order to locate the pasted object correctly.

Hope this helps
Steve