PDA

View Full Version : Viewport Detail Titles- All or Nothing?

Fishmonger
2005-07-04, 06:30 PM
I desperately need the ability to turn on or off the viewport titles independently.
I am creating a prototype set for several constantly repeated retail stores.
We have all the details in Autocad currently (both a pre-cast and a tilt-up version at 3 different store sizes) and want to link the details that are already done.
Those all have detail titles exactly as we want them to appear.
But it would be desirable to use the section, plan, elevation etc. view titles from Revit because they will change from job to job.
Can this be done or do I have to turn off everything and just create a annotation that can be used on the section, plan, elevation etc titles?

Steve_Stafford
2005-07-04, 08:25 PM
...I desperately need the ability to turn on or off the viewport titles independently...A viewport is a TYPE and you can create a viewport type that uses no view title family and doesn't underline the text. This way you can just select the viewport type each view will use.

tarch
2005-07-04, 08:25 PM
I desperately need the ability to turn on or off the viewport titles independently.
I am creating a prototype set for several constantly repeated retail stores.
We have all the details in Autocad currently (both a pre-cast and a tilt-up version at 3 different store sizes) and want to link the details that are already done.
Those all have detail titles exactly as we want them to appear.
But it would be desirable to use the section, plan, elevation etc. view titles from Revit because they will change from job to job.
Can this be done or do I have to turn off everything and just create a annotation that can be used on the section, plan, elevation etc titles?
Duplicate Viewport with title and turn off unwanted titles in that one.

Fishmonger
2005-07-05, 02:59 PM
Thanks to all who replied.
I just needed the electronic slap in the head.
When I went in to do as several of you suggested I
found I had already duplicated the viewport in the
template and had forgotten it was an available option.

Thanks for your time
Dick