PDA

View Full Version : drag a pick box in the middle of a wall

patricks
2005-07-05, 09:40 PM
If I'm looking at an exterior elevation, how can I drag a pick box around several elements on a wall, without picking the wall itself? The elements I need to pick are fairly far away from any exterior edge of the elevation, and if I hover the cursor anywhere near the elements, the wall itself is pre-highlighted. Of course if I try to drag a pick box, that whole wall will drag instead. What can I do to keep from having to pick every single element individually?

Scott D Davis
2005-07-05, 09:59 PM
In the Options bar, deselect the checkbox for "Press and Drag", then you can window without dragging anything.

patricks
2005-07-05, 10:07 PM
ah yes, such a simple answer yet oblivious to me. :p

That parameter isn't object specific, is it? Like it's actually a "mode" that I can turn on and off and it will stay that way until I say otherwise, right?

Scott D Davis
2005-07-05, 10:14 PM
If you set it to "off" in your template, and then save your template, it should remian that way in all projects that start with your template file. (But I'm not 100% sure in this case!)

patricks
2005-07-06, 02:30 PM
Yeah nevermind, it works as I expected... I was hoping that it wasn't tied to each object, like you select an object and the checkbox appears. I see that it is there all the time, so I just turn it on or off as needed (I usually like it to be on, a couple of occasions it got turned off and I was pulling my hair out trying to drag something and it wouldn't move heheh).