PDA

View Full Version : Design Options - stuck in Catch22

iru69
2005-07-06, 06:09 PM
I have an existing plan which I've added several Design Options to.

In one of the plan options, I changed an existing wall to an "option". I then deleted the wall (not demo'd, but *deleted*). The wall of course, still shows up in the existing plan, but is gone in my option plan. I now need to add an existing door to that wall so it shows up in the existing plan (I forgot to put it in beforehand).

I originally tried cutting the wall from the option plan and then paste align > same place back into the existing plan, but it complained that the wall was now hosting options - so I kept deleting stuff from the option plan, but couldn't seem to satisfy the error. I seemed to have created a real mess...

How do I revert the wall back to the existing plan so that the wall is no longer part of the option plan? Or delete it from the existing plan so that I can redraw it on the existing plan? Regardless if it's been deleted (let's say I could go back before I deleted the wall), is there an easy way to change it back to existing?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I figured this out for myself (well that only took a couple hours of my morning)...

In case anyone runs into the same problem...

The problem was that I selected Edit Option, then selected the Option Set I wanted to edit, then selected the existing wall (that was now part of that option), cut it, deselected Edit Option, and then tried to paste it back into the Main Model - which resulted in errors - and even if I didn't get the error, I would have been pasting the wall on top of the same wall that was still there. And then when I deleted the wall from the option, I couldn't even try to select it to paste back.

The solution is the Edit Option > Pick to Edit command. While still in the Main Model (my existing floor plan), I selected Pick to Edit, selected the wall (that was now part of the option), cut it, deselected Edit Option, then pasted it. Worked just as advertised. Neat!