PDA

View Full Version : Map 3D 2006: XXX.arx cannot find a dll...

aknuppel
2005-07-06, 08:39 PM
Greetings:

I've just installed Map 3d 2006 and get the following on start-up:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk Map 3D 2006\admapfdoenabler.arx cannot find a dll or
other file that it needs.
C:\Program Files\Autodesk Map 3D 2006\AcMapWorkspace.arx cannot find a dll or
other file that it needs.
.Failed.
admapfdoenabler.arx Load Failed
AcMapWorkspace.arx Load Failed

Everything else seems to load up just fine, is the above something I need to be concerned with? Is there really a problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Andy

Mike.Perry
2005-07-06, 08:46 PM
Hi Andy

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Software (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117) Forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Glenn Pope
2005-07-06, 09:47 PM
When you installed did you migrate setting from an older version? If so this could be what is causing the problem. You may need to uninstall and reinstall Map. Melanie could help you in that department ;-) She has had first hand experience in doing this. Just remember when you get the dialog to migrate, just hit cancel.

aknuppel
2005-07-07, 12:10 PM
Mike: Thanks for moving it, I wasn't sure where to post it.

Glenn: No, no migration was done. I've uninstalled & reinstalled already, but the error messages are still there.

MHultgren
2005-07-07, 04:22 PM
You may need your IT folks to clean the registry before you re-install. Just because you uninstall, doesn't mean that the REG has been cleared. Of Course THE REGISTRY CAVEAT!!!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY YOUR REGISTRY UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! YOU CAN EASILY CORRUPT YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM. THIS IS NOT FOR THE GENERAL OR EVEN ADVANCED CAD TECH. LET A SEASONED IT PROFESSIONAL TAKE CARE OF THIS PLEASE!

And Yes I believe it is probably the .NET SP that didn't update correctly.

Jmurphy
2005-07-11, 06:31 PM
You may need to uninstall and reinstall Map. Melanie could help you in that department ;-) She has had first hand experience in doing this.
I can believe the wandering one has replied yet to this. She must be busy reinstalling again. :razz:

Jmurphy
2005-07-11, 06:40 PM
Andy the fist error sounds like the tools for Oracle FDO or what ever those guys want to call it. Are you running Oracle by any change? The second error maybe from a Dot.Net framework, not sure if the workspace is a dotnet app or not. My suggestion is first check to see if the files are there on the workstation and in the support paths and user has read rights to them. Second may want to check and see if the correct dotnet framework is running on the workstation. If you had a newer version installed from another program the (required) installed version with MAP may not of overwritten it.