PDA

View Full Version : Demolition and Infill

jcoe
2005-07-06, 08:55 PM
Is there a way to show an infill pattern where something has been demolished in views other than course? I have been unable to find any settings for it.

beegee
2005-07-07, 12:03 PM
I don't follow. Phase Graphic over-rides are independent of view scale.

SCShell
2005-07-07, 12:08 PM
Hey there,
Might you be referring to "object styles>demolition" where you can modify a demolished item's characteristics? And, for what it's worth....

I rarely use the natural way Revit showns "infill" when a door is demolished for example. I like the old hand drafted way of actually showing the new wall infill as a "new" wall with the appropriate infill poche. (I assume that this is what your question is referring to.) Revit doesn't do this by default, and I am not aware of any way to do it other than splitting the existing wall right next to the jambs that contains a door to be demolished. Demolish the wall and door, then add a new wall as the infill. This method then shows correctly on the demo plan and the new plan shows the infill nicely.

Let us know
Steve

jcoe
2005-07-07, 01:08 PM
beegee,
Here are some attached images to illustrate the condition.

SCShell,
Thanks for the tip. That is what I am trying to accomplish. In doing it this way, doesn't this generate a lot of wall types because now you need walls with hatch patterns and walls without? (I Think I just answered my own question).

gravelin
2005-07-07, 01:18 PM
Another problem in this case
If you use Wraping on inserts option in the wall.
The wrapping is visible in the oldest phase...

jcoe
2005-07-07, 03:22 PM
I have managed to resolve the infill issue, but on a similar note, I am placing doors into the two bottom-most areas of infill (see previous attachments) and Revit keeps giving me a message that says my doors are not cutting anything. The only option available to me is delete instances. All I am doing is demolishing the doors and replacing them with new.

Any thoughts? I remember reading a similar thread regarding windows doing the same thing, but I was unable to find it.