PDA

View Full Version : Revison Number Parameter

swissclive54638
2005-07-07, 02:30 PM
Our company titleblocks display the latest revision number in a separate area of the sheet to the revison schedule. As there doesn't seem to be a preset "revision number" parameter, is there a way of adding a parameter to the titleblock family which always displays the latest revison?

Thanks in advance.

PeterJ
2005-07-07, 02:55 PM
If you use the revision tracking tool you can produce a schedule that is filtered down to just a single entry saying 1 or A or whatever the current revision this is and then remove the column head and schedule title and stick that into your title block, it will keep you current.

If you are not using this tool then you can use a shared parameter from memory.

swissclive54638
2005-07-07, 03:22 PM
Ok, that seems to sort of work, thanks................but how do I get it to display only the latest revision? At the moment, it's displaying them all.

And (not that this was part of my original question) but how do you get it to display A, B, C...... rather than 1, 2, 3........ - I thought that wasn't yet possible in Revit?!

jpolding
2005-07-07, 08:51 PM
I also can't use letters for revisions. It seems to be a limitation. Regarding the alternate revision number appearing on the titleblock I tried a couple of tests. As mentioned you can make another schedule and only display the rev number. The problem of this, as mentioned, is that you see all of the other numbers.

I thought maybe a filled region would block out the ones appearing in the titleblock space. Nope.
I tried playing with the actual schedule properties. Nope.
I even tried a filled region on top of the titleblock in the project. Didn't even give the option.

I think you have the case for a small but important wish list item!

swissclive54638
2005-07-08, 10:52 AM
Doh! Another workaround! Oh well, thanks for the help - i'll wait till Release 9..............

janunson
2005-07-08, 12:15 PM
I don't understand why the revision table is the only one that doesn't have a filter tab... this would be helpful... so would being able to add new fields that way we could have a revision number/letter in addition to the sequence number, and categorize by Bulletin/Addendum/RFI and show in separate tables if we wanted... this tool needs a few simple additions to make it usable!

jpolding
2005-07-08, 01:15 PM
I agree, it seems to be a good start but needs to be made more robust.

This may be one of the rare times that we'll have to actually do some work to keep the rev number updated in an alternate location.

Revit exceeds our expectations so often that when something isn't perfect we're a little shocked. I think it's great!

SCShell
2005-07-08, 01:31 PM
Hey there,

Revision scheduling is great, but has only been around for a little while. I'm sure the factory never thought that you wouldn't want to see all of your revision dates. Just add it to the wishlist and I'm sure they will get around to adding filters. They are really good at listening over there at Revit.central

Steve