PDA

View Full Version : Levels cause insanity

roy.70844
2005-07-07, 03:29 PM
First I apologise for the dramatic title, I needed to get your attention!

Please could some of you wonderful people try the following steps...
1)start new project based on either defaultMetric or defaultUS-Canada templates
2)draw a wall from the existing level 1 up to level 2
3) open the south elevation
4) Add a new level above level 2

I only get reference/temp dimension if I place my cursor above the geometry I have already drawn which makes it difficult to line-up the ends of the level lines.

(If this sounds familiar..... that's because I posted the problem earlier but I now know how to repeat the problem so I thought I could get away with a new thread, sorry if I contravene forum etiquette but I'm getting stressed!)

Thanks,
Roy.

patricks
2005-07-07, 03:44 PM
I, too, only get a temp dimension if I start the level above the wall, but when I draw the level and move over to the ends of the existing levels, I get a snap extension line above the ends of the other 2 levels, so at least one end will be lined up. I do have to pull the other end over to line up with the other ends of the other 2 levels.

Also check the 2D/3D settings for the levels. With levels that are already in place, you can't snap a 2D level end to line up with a 3D level end, and vice versa. Who knows why, it's pretty frustrating.

gravelin
2005-07-08, 06:54 AM
I have the same default on french version using french templates, and on existing V7 project re-open in V8

roy.70844
2005-07-08, 08:44 AM
Ok, I think we have found a bug (or perhaps some change of methodology I am not aware of)

What happens now? Could somebody at 'The Factory' help?

Anybody else having the same problem?

Roy.