PDA

View Full Version : Revit Stuck in Memory

artitech
2005-07-08, 12:05 PM
Why is it that when I end a Revit session (often due to low memory errors - need more RAM, only have 512Mb currently) it holds itself in memory for quite some time?

When I open the "windows task manager" and look under "processes" revit.exe is still showing after I have exited the program, even 3 minutes afterward...?

sbrown
2005-07-08, 01:18 PM
I don't know the answer to why, I can only reassure you that it is not just your machine. This is just the way revit works. 512 is really too low for revit, as I"m sure you have found. you can increase your virtual memory to help a bit. But if you are serious about using revit, go buy 2 gig of ram.

neb1998
2005-07-08, 06:19 PM
Why is it that when I end a Revit session (often due to low memory errors - need more RAM, only have 512Mb currently) it holds itself in memory for quite some time?

When I open the "windows task manager" and look under "processes" revit.exe is still showing after I have exited the program, even 3 minutes afterward...?
you can kill revit in memory by going to taskmanager (right click on taskbar - taskmanager)
going to the process tab, right click and select kill process.

This is just a fix for the problem and it doesnt appear to hurt any files, i used to do this before i went to 4 gig ram.