PDA

View Full Version : Did structural column placement behavior change?

patricks
2005-07-08, 03:12 PM
Structural columns used to go to the level below your current workplane when placing them. Now it seems they go on the current level, which to me is a welcome change. Was that a change that came along w/ RB8?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-07-08, 03:50 PM
Structural columns used to go to the level below your current workplane when placing them. Now it seems they go on the current level, which to me is a welcome change. Was that a change that came along w/ RB8?
AFAIK, yes the was a channge in RB8, that reverses the behavior of revit 7.0, which reversed the behavior of all prior revit versions. So basically RB8 is back to the way it used to be.

-Z

patricks
2005-07-08, 04:13 PM
AFAIK, yes the was a channge in RB8, that reverses the behavior of revit 7.0, which reversed the behavior of all prior revit versions. So basically RB8 is back to the way it used to be.

-Z

Are you sure? I remember 6.1 putting columns on the level below the current work plane, if I remember the tutorials correctly.

christopher.zoog51272
2005-07-08, 04:22 PM
no, i'm not sure of the exact timing, but i do think that the behavior is now how it used to be since structual columns were introduced. Either way, like you said, the change is welcome.

lev.lipkin
2005-07-08, 06:12 PM
When placing structural column (or structural wall) there is option in option bar which allows to choose if new column will go up from placement plane, or down. For column to go up use 'Height:', for column to go down use 'Depth':.

Thus 8.0 allows both 7.0 and old behaviour as desired. Default is set to 'Height:' in Revit Building, and to 'Depth:' for Revit Structure.