PDA

View Full Version : Stair arrows

patricks
2005-07-08, 04:18 PM
I created some spiral stairs yesterday, and the stair arrows were working fine. However I lost everything I did yesterday and am now having to recreate it. When I recreated the spiral stairs today, none of the stair arrows are showing up.

Now I looked at this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=8464&highlight=stair+arrow and found this post:

Also...if you use the run feature of stairs to create your stair the arrow will show up. If you draft risers and boundaries they do not...

Now, I had to draw my own risers in all cases (both yesterday and today) to get the risers at the correct angles, but I can't figure out why I got the arrows yesterday but not today.

felix.81253
2005-07-08, 06:20 PM
Don't create the stairs with the riser tool- use the "run" and it will work- I can confirm what the post said, that you are citing. By using the riser- stair creation- no arrows are showing.
I assume, autodesk knows about the problem...

F.

mtogni
2005-07-08, 06:27 PM
Yes, sure they know as well as they do nothing to fix this litlle problem since v. 4 as far I can see...

felix.81253
2005-07-08, 06:51 PM
I have a wall dividing a stair showing up through a floor as if the floor would not be there- The profile of this wall, I have changed quite a bit as one can see in the attached views.
- might this have "confused" the program?
I checked the view parameters, view ranges, experimented with plan regions...quite frustrating, it all looks right in the 3D view.

The smallest hint might help... thanks

F.

patricks
2005-07-08, 06:59 PM
Don't create the stairs with the riser tool- use the "run" and it will work- I can confirm what the post said, that you are citing. By using the riser- stair creation- no arrows are showing.
I assume, autodesk knows about the problem...

F.

I was actually using the run tool in all cases. However being spiral stairs, I didn't know what exactly to set for the tread depth, and so when I drew the circular run, the treads/risers were at odd angles. So I had to delete the risers that the run tool made and draw my own risers at the correct angle.

I did it this same way both yesterday and today, and yesterday I got the arrows, but today I did not.

Alex Page
2005-08-10, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know if this has been/ is about to be fixed?

jwilhelm
2005-08-10, 03:55 AM
as far as I can tell the circular stair has several problems, one being apparently that ic cannot rotate > 360, not to mention the problem your having, frankly I find this really disappointing especially since I have a project I need one in and can't figure out how to make it, really a big waste of time, I wish the factory would fix basic functionality first before worrying about new features=, I will avoid the expletives and just say I am not a happy user at the moment

Steve_Stafford
2005-08-10, 05:14 AM
...as far as I can tell the circular stair has several problems, one being apparently that ic cannot rotate > 360Did you ever return to the thread you started earlier? Steve Burri posted an example in a thread I started on this issue some time ago. His example provides a "real" spiral stair solution that is comprised of a couple of stairs.

Your Previous Thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=23457)

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-10, 05:14 AM
Ah, but you can build it of two stairs...

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-10, 05:17 AM
Oh sure Steve, slide one in there before me :mrgreen:

I've attached the file. The upper stair starts one riser lower than the top of the lower stair.

patricks
2005-08-10, 04:33 PM
Yeah that works, but it's difficult because you have to take your riser height and subtract that from the top of the lower stair to figure the bottom of the upper stair.

And when you have floor-to-floor heights like 11'-4 1/2" (10 ft. stud, one sole plate, two top plates, and a 12" joist), you get into some pretty crazy fractional riser heights when trying to calculate that stuff.

Arnel Aguel
2005-08-11, 07:01 AM
Another problem also with two stairs combination for spiral shape is that you won't be able to control the correct spacing of the baluster at the joints you will have two balusters at very close interval.