PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Parking Tag

dgraue
2005-07-08, 06:01 PM
Has anyone developed a Parking Tag that might address the following?
I have three levels of parking. I'd like to tag each parking space for scheduling. Please see attached example.

I'd like the tag to look similar to what you see. The top label should be an instance parameter to number each space.
The bottom label should also be an instance parameter (which I can't seem to create) so each space can be labeled STD (for standard), C (for compact), HC (for handicapped) or T (for tandem).

Additionally, I need to identify the level each space is on (ie. P2 or P3, etc) by an instance parameter.

In my schedules I'd like to be able to sort the parking by type (STD, C, HC, T) and by level (P2).

I am not having much luck creating my own tag so that it will act the way I want it to. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.
DG

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-07-08, 08:29 PM
I have not created my own tag but use the same sort of approach with the standard car tag out of the box.

Each space will be located relative to the level it is inserted in so sorting on that parameter is done. As for S, C, HC, T - each of those will require different sizes (I am assuming here) so they can be created as different types. In the schedule just sort/filter by level and type and you should be able to geta summary of each type.
Tagging to identify S,C,HC, and T can be done using the Type mark so it shows up as part of your parking tag.

The attached family can be revised to suit.