PDA

View Full Version : Label Tangents

jeepinaround
2005-07-12, 03:57 PM
I am having problems labeling Tangents in my profiles. They are coming in at 0,0. I have messed around with some of the settings but can not figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem? Using Civil 3D 2006 Civil Design Companion.

danny.counts
2005-07-20, 03:09 PM
Have you tried undefining and then defining the profile? It sounds like your profile may have been moved. If the profile already exists, under the Profiles-->Create Profile menu, use undefine profile then define profile.

rbicigo
2005-08-12, 01:50 PM
Turn off all you running OSNAPS and try it again. IF this is a FG profile, try using Import alignment, it is fast and easy, and since you dont choose the tangents and curves, you wont have to worry about your OSNAPS.

MHultgren
2005-08-12, 02:30 PM
I like to label my vertical curves before I define the FG centerline. It seems to make the Vert alignment cleaner. Then after I get them labelled, I run the Import command to label the entire profile.

jeepinaround
2005-09-08, 07:46 PM
Well just checking back in. I have tried all of the suggestions to no avail. :banghead: We just got done upgrading all of the office computers to the Civil 3D 2006 products. And the number one question everyone asks is why they can't label tangents. Here are some things I have noted...

if the drawing was created in 2005 product we have this problem but if created in 2006 products it works as it always has

the labels sometimes are there just not seen. So when you xref the profile into a drawing they are there. Yes we checked that the layer was on and not frozen.

sometimes they come in at 0,0 and other times they come in 2.42 E 99 in other words way way out there.

So we just list the tangents then manually label them :x
Just to reiterate, we are not using Civil 3D just the Land Desktop companion and the Civil Design companion. Yes Civil 3D is loaded but not being used since no one can seem to grasp the concept :?

MHultgren
2005-09-08, 07:51 PM
Just checking, but did you install the SP when you installed 06?

jeepinaround
2005-12-12, 08:41 PM
Yes service pack 1 is installed. We are still having this problem so I was checking back in. I use the import method but some people are hard to break of there old habits.

pmerrett
2005-12-14, 04:37 PM
I have had problems with old projects. I find that re-loading the drawing setup under Projects fixs the problem. But I have to reload it every time I open the drawing.

jeepinaround
2005-12-21, 06:02 PM
No that didn't work. The labels are still coming in way out in space. I have verified several times and none of the profiles have been moved.

MHultgren
2005-12-21, 06:17 PM
Do you by chance, have any OSNAPS turned ON? I know that OSNAPS and profiles didn't play nice together in the past and I'm not sure if this Bug was fixed yet or not.