PDA

View Full Version : Call Out Issue

trent59822
2005-07-12, 04:12 PM
There must something I'm missing. I have a detail callout on my floor plan. I want to use the same callout on another place on the plan. I check the reference other view box. I only get other callouts but not the one I'm looking for. I can refer to the detail on elevations and sections, but not that floor plan. Any ideas anybody? version Revit 8.0

Trent

cosmickingpin
2005-07-12, 04:21 PM
What kind of view are you trying to reference/ I think if you make it a "detail" view it will show up in your selection options.

There must something I'm missing. I have a detail callout on my floor plan. I want to use the same callout on another place on the plan. I check the reference other view box. I only get other callouts but not the one I'm looking for. I can refer to the detail on elevations and sections, but not that floor plan. Any ideas anybody? version Revit 8.0

Trent

trent59822
2005-07-12, 04:28 PM
What kind of view are you trying to reference/ I think if you make it a "detail" view it will show up in your selection options.

It is a detail view. This is why I'm confused. Thanks for responding so quickly.

cosmickingpin
2005-07-12, 04:39 PM
I just ran a little expirment here, by any chance is your original floor plan a callout of a larger floor plan? Can you change the callout from a detail view to another kind? That is odd. Try duplicating the callout and see if the duplicate shows up in you selection set. I am a little stumped here too. Is your detail view a section callout from a section view?

ps if your original view is a sectional callout I don't think there is anyway to reference it in a floor plan callout. Drafting view and plan calloputs seem to work fine for me

It is a detail view. This is why I'm confused. Thanks for responding so quickly.

bowlingbrad
2005-07-12, 04:43 PM
Funny thing...
We just ran into this issue here.

Detail views are not currently able to be 'referenced'. Only drafting views and plans can be referenced with the callout tag.

You will need to create new floor plan callouts and then 'reference' the new plan callouts.

cosmickingpin
2005-07-12, 04:45 PM
That is not exactly true, you can reference details on sections but not plans it looks like you are right you cannot. all resulting floor plan callouts are "plan" views.

Funny thing...
We just ran into this issue here.

Detail views are not currently able to be 'referenced'. Only drafting views and plans can be referenced with the callout tag.

You will need to create new floor plan callouts and then 'reference' the new plan callouts.

bowlingbrad
2005-07-12, 05:08 PM
Well, how stupid is that! :banghead:
We should be able to 'reference' ANY VIEW from ANYWHERE. It's just a reference, right?

Chirag Mistry
2005-07-12, 05:22 PM
I have the same problem as well. This is what I think REVIT does,

For floor plans when u make a callout...make it a floor plan (not detail view) and that is the only way you can reference the same callout anywhere else on the plan. I was able to get that far...but stumbled upon the issue of SIM and OPH.

We have been doing this for quite sometime and have the callout set to show SIM for a view that referernces other, but when I tried to make a new family for duplicate...I cannot ..I guess REVIT only allows for one floor plan callout family.

trent59822
2005-07-12, 08:54 PM
I thought of trying change to a plan view and it won't let me. I can do a call out to a floor plan or a detail. But this one detail which is a plan view call out but labeled a detail because I didn't notice, is unable to be changed for whatever reason. I think I'm going to have to re-call out this area and copy all my notation. :(

cosmickingpin
2005-07-12, 09:04 PM
Are you talking about a drafting view or a detail view? I am confused....

I thought of trying change to a plan view and it won't let me. I can do a call out to a floor plan or a detail. But this one detail which is a plan view call out but labeled a detail because I didn't notice, is unable to be changed for whatever reason. I think I'm going to have to re-call out this area and copy all my notation. :(

trent59822
2005-07-12, 09:06 PM
No, it's a detail view. No Drafting view. Sorry, if this confused. I'm just copying the notation from the detail view.

bowlingbrad
2005-07-12, 09:20 PM

I think that's your only option.

trent59822
2005-07-12, 09:27 PM
Well, I fixed it. I'm just not sure why that happened. But at least it's fixed. Best to make sure when I do a floor plan call out, I need to pay attantion if it is a detail view or floor plan view.

Haden
2005-07-12, 09:39 PM
I submitted this very problem to subscription support, and after several messages back, I was told that they were going to address this, but that it would not make it in time for Revit 8.1. As best as I can tell, they understand the fact that it is just the Detail views that cannot be referenced.

trent59822
2005-07-12, 09:53 PM
I submitted this very problem to subscription support, and after several messages back, I was told that they were going to address this, but that it would not make it in time for Revit 8.1. As best as I can tell, they understand the fact that it is just the Detail views that cannot be referenced.

Thanks for looking into this.