PDA

View Full Version : Filter color fills

Tom Dorner
2004-01-21, 04:30 PM
Is there a way to filter color fills by level?

In my quest to use Revit as a lease management tool, I need to color fill each suite of a floor by tenant (name). When I do a color fill of the tenants on a floor, I get all tenants of the building in the color fill legend even though they may not be present on that particular floor.

I would like to filter the color fill legend so it only shows the tenants on that particular level. Is there a way to do this?

My work around is to create a new instance of the color fill, disable the "assign colors automatically" and edit out the tenants who are not on that floor which is not an elegant long term solution.

Thanks,

Tom

hand471037
2004-01-21, 04:50 PM
What we did to get around this is to have the color fills on, the color legends off, and then used a annotation family as a static legend. If you figure out the colors you are going to use before hand the it's easy. Sure the legend doesn't change with the info in the drawing anymore, but for us that wasn't an issue, for we were shading the suites based upon lease experation.

Tom Dorner
2004-01-21, 05:21 PM
Thanks Jeffrey,

I wish there was a better answer for this problem. I need to show color fills by tenant and lease expiration and it would sure be nice to have them never get out of synch with the Revit model. For now, I'm going to have fills on and legend off and place a filtered schedule on the floor leasing plan.

Another nice feature to have would be an actual database field type of "date" so I could do calculations such as months to lease expiration in a schedule and color fill by that figure.

Tom

aggockel50321
2004-01-21, 07:35 PM
Good wishlist item.

If we can now filter schedules, the same functionality should pass on to fill legends...

mfanucs
2005-04-15, 10:16 AM
Just discovered the same problem!

Don't know if this will help, but our work around is as follows:

When naming the areas use a prefix that relates to level number, eg.
03 - Open Plan
03 - Circulation
02 - Open Plan, etc.

The color fill legend displays in alphabetical order, so the various areas show up by level.

We then introduce a crop region and split it into two, the one for the plan and the other for the key - then simply adjust the key crop region to only show the relevant floor info..

hope this helps!

ciao
marco fanucchi