PDA

View Full Version : 3d Office Workstations

Doug
2005-07-12, 06:43 PM
I use to have a program for Steel case furniture that ran in AutoCAD to do modular Offices, but now I use Revit. I downloaded one for Knoll, but I have been using Revit for so long I forgot how to use ADT.

I have ADT 2005 and last night I opened it and tried to follow the directions --- Hmmm ... directions for straight Acad not ADT... oh heck... I really don't want to go back there!!!

Is there such a thing for Revit? If so ... got a link?

Michelle Gibson
2005-11-21, 05:55 PM
I am also looking for revit compatible office furniture and was just about to download both the steelcase and the knoll. did you have any success at finding any revit systems furniture?

hdjohnson
2005-11-21, 05:59 PM
Herman Miller has their Cad package. It has some 3d office cubicles. You'll just need to import them into Revit.

kpaxton
2005-11-21, 06:48 PM
This again brings to light a topic of earlier conversation regarding Revit Content. A few Manufacturers need to get on the ball and start providing content for us to use to assist us in planning, layout and other general construction topics.

Here is the Link to the North American Content (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=27153&highlight=manufacturers) thread, started by Scott Davis.

Regards,
-Kyle

Tom Dorner
2005-11-22, 04:32 AM
Getting the manufactures on board to create Revit content is going to be tough.

I just spent the day at Herman Miller headquarters in Michigan and brought up the Revit content subject and they have only heard of Revit in passing so I tried to enlighten them. Meantime I have created some basic furniture components with type catalogs. When I get back into the office I will try to attach, but they are not 100% complete yet.

Tom

MartyC
2005-11-22, 02:19 PM
I have a massive and constantly growing furniture and fitting library of highly detailed Revit families.

They are so simple to make, open a family template, import .dwg or .dxf file, rename and assign materials to layers, save, close, drag and drop into project. Simple!

Herman Millar files are easy, check out e-interiors. It just takes a little time, thats all! Sure more content availability would be good, even if it is only ACad files. Getting manufacturers to provide any 3d files at all would be good.

Check out B&B Italia, Bang & Olufsen, Kohler also. The internet is pretty abundant if you take the time to look.

CheersM

Michelle Gibson
2005-11-22, 03:24 PM
Thanks to all.

We have actually shared our office families on this website in hopes that more people might be willing to do the same - probably every one of us has taken hours to create the same family, furniture, window, etc...

I am going to the Herman Miller site to see about downloading, though if I remember correctly I have to order the CD and wait.

If anyone is willing to share some simple systems furniture layouts with us, that would be appreciated. I agree wholeheartedly that we need to organize a site with free familys and components, or else actively upload onto existing sites.

Any takers?

phyllisr
2005-11-23, 01:27 AM
If anyone is willing to share some simple systems furniture layouts with us, that would be appreciated. I agree wholeheartedly that we need to organize a site with free familys and components, or else actively upload onto existing sites.
Any takers?

This is on my list for our probable Revit migration. One of my CAD Leaders is an Interior Designer (I still am) and one of her assignments will be working through this issue. We also have tags and schedules for our stations in ADT that we use for programming and space planning. We have to figure out the best way to replicate this as well and how to handle the shared parameters. I have a ton of ADT content including workstations already created. My problem currently is the materials. My ADT stations are flexible and created from wall styles with material definitions for a quick copy-assign-refedit to get more sizes. I can explode those styles to 3D solids but then I must begin again in the Revit family with a bunch of layer management to get the materials back. Once I figure all this out and get it to work, I promise to share. I may decide this is too much work and start from scratch. Families are not that difficult but it's just one more thing to do. Attached is a clip of the goal - the station is ADT. The one panel is monkeying around with the same object in Revit. Check back in a few months?

PBR