PDA

View Full Version : Vector Logos in Titleblock

ben
2004-01-21, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know how to get a black & white vector based logo pasted into a titleblock without placing it as an image?

If I place it as an image (.jpg) then when i export a sheet to autocad, the logo is exported as a separate linked image. Instead, I'd like it to be exported as vector lines within the autocad file.

Cuting the vector logo from Autocad or Illustator and pasting it into Revit doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

beegee
2004-01-21, 10:29 PM
The only vector file types that can be imported or linked are DWG, DXF & DGN.
You should be able to convert the vector logo to dwg/dxf and import it into your title block.
I'm not sure what will happen when you export the title block drawing.

aggockel50321
2004-01-22, 12:49 PM
I had a similar problem back when using 5.1. I took a grapic into Illustrator, exported out a .dwg file, imported it to a Revit sheet, but got lousy results. I then tried to explode the file in Autocad, but it wouldn't explode. Although the file is in .dwg format, I'm not sure what Illustrator is doing to the graphic to get it there.

In 6.0, you might try to import the file into an annotation template. You can now tie the scale of the file to parameter within the family, so it makes it easy to scale the dwg up & down as needed.

I've done a few objects using this method. I find it works best if I first scale the .dwg down to a unitary (inch) value in autocad. That way if I want a 1-3/4" graphic, for instance, the scale factor would be 1.75.

When the resultant family is placed on a sheet, it should export out properly.

mlgatzke
2004-01-23, 04:59 AM
Illustration packages like Macromedia's Freehand or Adobe's Illustrator can be exported to dxf, though you may have to use some sort of intermediate application. What I've done in a couple of cases is to import the vector logo into AutoCAD and export as a dxf file. I then create a new titleblock family or open an existing titleblock family. I then import the graphic into the family and use the line tool to "pick" the existing lines of the imported graphic to recreate the logo in true Revit format. Then, you simply delete the imported dxf file. Your export should then work fine.

As a matter of fact, I just did this today for a guardrail profile for a project. It worked great.