PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor problem with Revit 8 (and 7)

simonwhite
2005-07-13, 03:20 PM
I'm running Revit 8 on a system with dual monitors, powered by an ATI Radeon Mobility 9700. When Revit is on my secondary (but larger monitor) the drop down list boxes in the "Properties" dialogs do not "drop down". This is so limiting as to make Revit unusable on this monitor. I am unclear whether this is a problem with Revit or the graphics card. I don't have this or any other similar problems with any other software applications. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it??
Thanks!

Scott D Davis
2005-07-13, 03:42 PM
I have the same problem, but no solution. I'm running an HP laptop on a docking station. ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 card. The laplop screen is my 'primary' monitor, while a 21" Iiyama is the 'secondary' monitor. Drop downs in Revit do not work on the Iiyama, so I end up sliding all the dialog boxes onto the laptop screen.

mlgatzke
2005-07-15, 03:30 AM
I spoke with Revit support about this and this is a known "problem". I was told that they aren't sure why this is happening. Currently, Revit must be run on the Primary monitor in a dual-monitor implimentation.

Scott D Davis
2005-07-15, 03:50 AM
I run Revit on the secondary monitor, but I have to slide dialog boxes with drop downs to the primary, or select inside the drop-down and use the arrow keys to scroll choices.

Alex Page
2005-07-15, 03:56 AM
ALSO MOUSE WHEEL ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WITHIN REVIT ON 'PRIMARY' MONITOR AS WELL
Also mouse wheel only works properly within revit on 'primary' monitor (old prob..might be fixed now).

Scott D Davis
2005-07-15, 04:11 AM
i haven't experienced scroll wheel problems.