PDA

View Full Version : How to color fill stairs

Steve Cashman
2004-01-22, 03:32 AM
When I created color filled area plans, my stairs always display at white. Is there a way to have them show through the color of the department etc. in which they reside? I have a feeling this is an easy one, but I just haven't found the setting yet.

Thanks.

beegee
2004-01-22, 04:05 AM
The color fill is infilling the area defined by the area boundary lines.
Effectively, it is visually displaying the extent of the area measurement.

You can delete the area boundary lines around the stair and the colour will then infill that area, but in doing so, you are including the area of the stairs in your area measurement.

jbalding48677
2004-01-22, 04:55 AM
beegee -

I think he means that since the stairs are a 3d element they cover the color fill below.

I don't have an answer except to add detail or model lines over the top of them and turn of the stair visibilty.

sbrown
2004-01-22, 05:09 AM
You can also just switch to wireframe if that doesn't mess anything else up.

Steve Cashman
2004-02-04, 11:22 PM
Scott,

I'll try that with the wireframe view. That might work. I'd rather not draw additional elements just to get it to display properly. We find the same issue with some content (i.e., a table or TV will block/white out the color fill below). We've gone in and added either model or symbolic lines (I can't remember which) to the content and turned off the display of the 3D element in plan view.