PDA

View Full Version : Beam Stick Symbol at Wrong Distance

Tom Weir
2005-07-13, 09:03 PM
When I draw beams the stick symbol does not maintain its distance from the column flange if the column is greater than a W12, as in the image file. I thought this had been corrected. It has been a known issue for quite a while.
Is is just me? I realize I can change the distance in the structural settings, but that will effect all of the beam distances and is not a good solution. I have W12 and W18 columns in this project.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

Paul Andersen
2005-07-15, 02:01 PM
Not just you. I too thought this was already taken care of. Tried coping to see if that would help as a temporary fix but this had no influence on the coarse detail level. I did however notice a couple of oddities at the medium and fine detail levels with regards to the coping. The second image shows an issue that I believe is already known. When the member being coped is larger (wider or deeper) than the member it's being coped to there is a "wrap around" effect. This occurs in plan or section. The second thing I noticed was the hidden lines defining the web extends past the edge of the beam flange.

Tom Weir
2005-07-15, 02:43 PM
Paul,
I see what you mean about that wrapping effect. I had not noticed that before. Hopefully these issues can be corrected for the 8.1 release.

Tom