PDA

View Full Version : Can I place a pad in a linked site plan

Andre Baros
2004-01-22, 08:27 PM
I have a building in one file and a site plan in another. The site plan shares an origin with the original survey from the engineers, has a lot of topography, and several other building masses. In the building file, I've linked in the site, located the building according to the sites coord's, and set true north according to the site. Now I need to add a building pad to the site so that I see my basement. What's the best way to do this, especially since there will still be many changes to both files.

aggockel50321
2004-01-22, 10:07 PM
Any modifications to the site plan have to take place in that project. I don't believe the geometry of a linked file can be modified.

LRaiz
2004-01-22, 11:50 PM
It is perfectly legal to create circular references. Site project could link the building even if building links site. Furthermore once shared locations are defined the link back should be able to position everything automatically. Then pad could be made in the site file.

Andre Baros
2004-01-26, 06:21 PM
I decided to move the topography and site information into the building file. Revit handled it much faster than I expected.

This way I can change the topography as the buidling changes and never thing about the site file which only contains other buildings and things which will never change.