PDA

View Full Version : Texture Recognition

MartyC
2004-01-23, 01:02 AM
Hi, going nuts with this problem, and there is probably an obvious solution.

Accurender material editor does not recognise most of the textures I have downloaded, when searching for an image map to add in the Material Editor. A similar situation exists with some backgrounds added to 'backgrounds' folder.

Is there something I am missing in regards the image files.........or something I am just missing :oops: :banghead:

Wise advise would be greatly appreciated

Cheers M

beegee
2004-01-23, 02:33 AM
Possibly This Topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=340&highlight=material+accurender) could help ?

If its "the decimal feet thing " your scale input , x and y, for a real world image of 1000 mm x 1000 mm material shoud be 3.2808398 x 3.2808398 when converted to decimal feet units. ( There, saved you getting out the calculator :D )
The material mapping part of Accurender works in decimal feet regardless of the units set for Revit display.

frame
2004-01-26, 11:07 PM
Maybe your images are in GIF format? Accurender will not see those.
Save your files as JPG.

MartyC
2004-01-27, 06:35 AM
Update...............

After actually looking at the material editor image mapping dialogue, the map selection dialogue actually is headed 'Select Bitmap'. Doh!
Paying attention to this, I opened a couple of jpg's and re-saved them as .bmp's and voila; recognised!

A slight measure of confusion tho, how come some jpg's are recognised, and all bitmaps are. What makes a jpg recognisable or otherwise???

Am I still missing something bleeding obvious, or is it actually sorted? :?

Cheers M

beegee
2004-01-27, 07:03 AM
Although the dialogue box says bitmap, the acceptable formats are :-
jpeg
bmp
tga
tif.
Make sure that your jpeg has a lower case, not upper case extension. I've run into that problem before. I think photoshop added an upper case extension when converting.