PDA

View Full Version : Maximum width of window openings?

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-15, 12:30 AM
I have a Louvred window family which has mullions arrayed based on blade lengths, which determines the number of louvre galleries in the opening.

For some reason once the window opening goes over 4m, the formulas do not work. Anything under 4m and it works fine.

The window will stretch out to any length over 4m, but the arrayed louvre galleries do not.

Is this a limitation in the window family?

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-15, 12:31 AM
oops wrong forum.

Can a moderator please move this thread to "Families".

iru69
2005-07-15, 12:39 AM
Is this a limitation in the window family?
Maybe, but I haven't heard of such a thing...

Someone might be able to take a better look if you posted the window family in question...

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-15, 12:42 AM
It's the multiple bay window one.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22211

iru69
2005-07-15, 01:10 AM
Well, when I set the width to 5000mm, it gave me an error message. I increased the width of the wall that the window is set in, and it appears to be okay with 5000mm now. But I didn't seem to have the same issue you're having.

If you increase the width of the host wall, does the window work as intended? Or did I miss the problem?

EDIT : I think I missed your point - it expands to a maximum of 4 sections, and you're wondering why it doesn't expand to 5, etc.?

Under the Dimensions parameter, theres the "No. of mullions (default)" - if you look at the end of the formula, you'll see a maximum number, currently "4, 5". If you change that to say, "5, 6", you'll get an extra bay. "6, 7", and more bays. Combine that with the "Max span (default)" entry, and you should be able to do what you want. The family is a little too complicated for me to completely understand the ramifications of changing those numbers affecting smaller windows of that family, so you may want to make a separate family for windows larger than 4000mm if you run into problems. HTH.

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-15, 01:20 AM
I should explained it a bit better I think.

Say for a 4.5m wide window. My max. louvre blade length is 750mm. There should be at least 6 Louvre galleries. But only 4 show up.

iru69
2005-07-15, 01:27 AM
See my EDIT above.

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-15, 01:38 AM
I'll edit that line.

That is if I can remember how I the formula works and the logic behind it all.

I added a few more to that line and it works now. All good.

Thanks for your help.