PDA

View Full Version : Missing Content?

Paul Andersen
2005-07-15, 03:07 PM
On our network install of Revit Structure we decided to place all of the content on the server. Nothing fancy here. We didn't notice until recently that some content that we were used to having appeared to be missing. Namely the annotation and titleblock templates usually found at (...content/imperial templates/annotations/ and titleblocks/). File->New->Titleblock... and Annotation Symbols... still point to the above mentioned locations so I believe they were still supposed to be there.

If anyone has this same issue or is missing other content it is all available on the install CD in .cab files. Just do a search for *.cab on your CD and I believe you need winzip 7 or higher to extract the content. The titleblock and annotation templates can be found in NAImperialTempl.cab.

It appears that all of the content for Revit Building and Revit Structure are in these .cab files and the install must handle what content is loaded by default based on what flavor you are running. I know that there is a content download page for Revit Building where the latest versions of the individual .cab files can be downloaded (http://revit.autodesk.com/8.0/common/DownloadContent.asp?en-us). Is this the same area that Revit Structure users should download content from should the need arise (since both packages appear to use the same .cab files) or is there a page specific to Revit Structure?

Wes Macaulay
2005-07-27, 06:26 AM
RS users can download RB content from the link you've got there, but AFAIK there isn't a similar page for RS content.

You could try installing RS on another box and try re-downloading the content. Otherwise for annotations and so on the RB stuff should be fine.

Paul Andersen
2005-07-27, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the reply Wes. I think the problem is with the install from our delivered CD. It just doesn't extract these templates from the cab files on the disc so we added the content manually. With regards to re-downloading the content our subscription is currently not showing a web install version for RS yet. Do you have access to this or are you downloading content from somewhere other than the CD and/or RB Link provided in my first post?

Thanks again,

Wes Macaulay
2005-07-27, 06:33 PM
When we were given access to the Revit Structure beta it was only the executable -- the installer without the CD. So we had to download the content.

Maybe you can copy the installer off the CD...