PDA

View Full Version : Chrome is possible … in Autocad

Jason Rhymes
2005-07-15, 05:04 PM
It's been a while since I logged into augi (Since the server melt down last year). WOW has this place changed. Anyway, here is some recent work. Modeled and rendered from Autocad 2005. No add-ons.

Wanderer
2005-07-15, 05:14 PM
It's been a while since I logged into augi (Since the server melt down last year). WOW has this place changed. Anyway, here is some recent work. Modeled and rendered from Autocad 2005. No add-ons.
Welcome back, Jason... yep, I like to think things are looking pretty good around here...

That model is pretty sweet... how long did that take to draw???

Jason Rhymes
2005-07-15, 06:28 PM
Thanks,
That one took a little longer then most of them that I do. About 60-70 hours. Most of them only take a couple of days. It helps to have an extensive library of years and years of 3d blocks accumulated to put something like this together. Actual hours, with all the 3d blocks I’ve done previously, would be hard to figure but I’d say it would probably be a few hundred hrs.

ajtrahan
2005-07-15, 08:28 PM
Looks Good!!!

How long did it take to render?

What is the file size?

Jason Rhymes
2005-07-15, 08:57 PM
Thanks Jason, Actual render time out of acad was about 45 mins but took much longer to set up. The file size is 27 megs for the base and about another 100 megs of xrefs.
Small world. Phil Brown (Uncle Phil) sent me the pic of the building you did a few weeks back. Looks really great! If you need any help turning it into a 3d model, let me know. I do mostly structural and fab steel and like to change disciplines every now and then to keep from getting bored.

Maverick91
2005-07-18, 01:36 PM
Cool! Um, what is it? Sometimes the more mechanincal models can have the most impressive looks.

Kris.Keller
2005-07-18, 01:45 PM

Welcome back. Thank you for sharing your work.

Jason Rhymes
2005-07-18, 02:29 PM
Thanks. I guess it is kind of strange looking. Most of the components are very common here in south Louisiana with the oil field. We combined and patent the technology to be used as a mobile dredge discharge cleaning system. It de-sands and de-silts the material pumped from a dredge at a very high speed (usually about 3000-4000 gpm). It’s being used a lot around the Florida area to clean their harbors and marinas that have sanded over. It separates sand, silt and water without mudding up the water in the harbors too much.

theald
2008-09-10, 09:45 PM
How did you get a chrome finish?!? I have been trying for a good long while and i can't get it right! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Trevor

Filipe Francisco
2008-09-11, 09:01 AM
GOOD WORK

nice Job... :)

Cheers :beer:

Jason Rhymes
2008-09-11, 01:54 PM
Trevor, This was long ago in 2005. I no long have 2005 to walk you thru the steps. Are you trying to do this in ACAD 05? or do you have a newer version?