PDA

View Full Version : curved wall sweeps

Archman
2005-07-15, 08:04 PM
Other than creating a custom in-place family, is there a way to do a wall sweep that is curved in elevation? I have tried the host sweep and as far as I can tell you can only do horizontal and vertical sweeps with that tool. Thanks!

J. Grouchy
2005-07-15, 08:10 PM
Would be nice...I'm still patiently awaiting the 'automatic brick arch' tool that shows a correct line spacing for the mortar joints.

Alas...

patricks
2005-07-16, 02:06 AM
Would be nice...I'm still patiently awaiting the 'automatic brick arch' tool that shows a correct line spacing for the mortar joints.

Alas...

OMG yes.... I made a brick arch family that is just a parametric solid hosted by a wall, then I have to put the mortar joints in manually using model lines.

Sweeps that curve in elevation, in-place is the only answer.

doc lscott
2008-06-12, 10:46 PM
you can create a wall sweep on a curved wall by creating a profile that is a 'hosted' profile and loading it into your wall sweep.

patricks
2008-06-13, 01:16 AM
you can create a wall sweep on a curved wall by creating a profile that is a 'hosted' profile and loading it into your wall sweep.

He was asking about adding a sweep or reveal to a wall that wasn't straight horizontal or vertical, which are the only options you have for the wall sweep or reveal tools.