PDA

View Full Version : How do show Similar Sections...

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-18, 12:32 AM
I have a roof plan which I have taken a Section RB whcih shows a Truss to Wall connection detail. This section which references a 2D Drafting View.

I would like to take another Section RC further down the wall which has a Similar detail.

How do I do this and reference the same drafting view?

beegee
2005-07-18, 12:42 AM
If I'm understanding correctly, Section RC would be set to reference Section RB ( Check the box in the Options Bar _ " Reference Other View " and select Section RB as the view to be referenced. )
Section RB has the callout to the Detail View .

I have a roof plan which I have taken a Section RB whcih shows a Truss to Wall connection detail. This section which references a 2D Drafting View.

I would like to take another Section RC further down the wall which has a Similar detail.

How do I do this and reference the same drafting view?

blads
2005-07-18, 12:47 AM
Instead of creating/drawing another "callout" select "Reference other view" on the options bar, then selecte the desired callout...

HTH

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-18, 12:48 AM
That is what I am doing. But the Section mark that shows on the plan is also called Section RB. I now have 2 sections called RB. I want to know if I can call the new one RC ?

blads
2005-07-18, 01:03 AM
That is what I am doing. But the Section mark that shows on the plan is also called Section RB. I now have 2 sections called RB. I want to know if I can call the new one RC ?

If you create a new section by referencing it to another, eg section RB, the the referenced section will become section RB SIM - I don't believe you can remame it...

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-07-18, 01:16 AM
Me either. Doesn't matter though. I can live with this option.

beegee
2005-07-18, 03:06 AM
If that were possible, when you clicked on the Section Mark RC, it would take you to Section RB.

Might get confusing ?

patricks
2005-07-18, 01:15 PM
From my experience, a referenced detail that is similar to another detail always carries the name of the other detail, with a SIM label next to it.

Think about the contractor who is using the drawings to build a building. He sees the RB section mark and goes to another sheet (or wheverever it is) to look at section RB. So if you have another section further down that is similar to RB, but you call it RC, the contractor is going to be looking for section RC. If you had both details drawn out, then there would be no need for a SIM label. Instead, you draw one detail, RB, and reference the other section as RB SIM and the contractor will (or should ;) ) know what's going on.