PDA

View Full Version : Revit Beta Program

Scott D Davis
2005-07-18, 09:26 PM
To all: I have received formal approval from the Autodesk Revit team to post the following:

If you want to get involved in the Autodesk Revit Building Beta program go to http://myfeedback.autodesk.com (http://myfeedback.autodesk.com/) and sign up today.

Thank you!

GuyR
2005-07-18, 09:40 PM
Cheers Scott,

So I take it if you don't have a link to the Revit beta program on your feedback page then you'r not eligible :-(

Guy

p.vicini
2005-07-18, 09:42 PM
Hi Scott,
what do you mean with ...sign up ??...we have to sign up with the old login's user name and password ( those for M*******)? or we have to resign from start??

Regards :-)

Scott D Davis
2005-07-18, 10:08 PM
I would look for a section titled "Sign Up" in the Active Zone Menu. I think that's all I can say. If you don't know what to do, there are e-mail links for questions about the Myfeedback program.

GuyR
2005-07-18, 10:18 PM
"Sign Up" in the Active Zone Menu :-( Not there. Can't have provided enough feedback during the V8 beta :-)

Guy

muttlieb
2005-07-18, 10:32 PM
:-( Not there. Can't have provided enough feedback during the V8 beta :-)

Guy
If you participated in the 8 beta, you don't need to sign up again. But you do need the code for the new beta.

Scott D Davis
2005-07-18, 11:21 PM
:-( Not there. Can't have provided enough feedback during the V8 beta :-)

Guy
Try e-mailing the Myfeedback questions address. Tell them you were a beta 8 participant, see what they say. Sorry, wish I could say more.

Scott D Davis
2005-07-19, 03:56 PM
Reminder!

THE BETA PROGRAM CANNOT BE DISCUSSED HERE AT AUGI!!!!

Use the link below to go to the MyFeedback portal.

We hate to be heavy handed, but those that continue to violate the NDA by posting passwords, codes, or discussions about the Beta will be reported to the Beta Team, and action by Autodesk, including losing Beta privileges for this and future releases, may result.

Thank you for understanding. We don't make the rules, we just have to follow them.

muttlieb
2005-07-19, 04:19 PM
It strikes me funny that all this uproar over the beta has been primarily related to the difficulty people have had just signing up for the beta, and not the actual features in the beta. I received an e-mail from the beta team basically begging for more participation from members in the beta forum. Yet there are plenty of people here that want to participate, and are eligible to participate, yet didn't receive info about how to participate.

Scott D Davis
2005-07-19, 04:30 PM
It strikes me funny that all this uproar over the beta has been primarily related to the difficulty people have had just signing up for the beta, and not the actual features in the beta. I received an e-mail from the beta team basically begging for more participation from members in the beta forum. Yet there are plenty of people here that want to participate, and are eligible to participate, yet didn't receive info about how to participate.
Thus, the link posted in this thread about where to go to sign up. If you get to the sign up page and have trouble, there are e-mail links to the Beta team.

Scott D Davis
2005-07-19, 05:22 PM
Your Revit Building Product Manager is Tatjana Dzambazova
you can email regarding the Beta at tatjana.dzambazova@eur.autodesk.com

jbalding48677
2005-07-19, 05:51 PM
... and away they go....

iru69
2005-07-19, 08:01 PM
It strikes me funny that all this uproar over the beta has been primarily related to the difficulty people have had just signing up for the beta, and not the actual features in the beta. I received an e-mail from the beta team basically begging for more participation from members in the beta forum.
They might get a larger pool of people to contribute if they dropped the ridiculous NDA, secret links, passwords, etc. and just made the Revit Beta available to all Revit subscribers in a similar manner as they do for any other build.

What a waste of effort that goes into keeping all of this a "secret". This is a great example of how making something a "secret" brings more of the wrong kind of attention than it would ever receive if it wasn't a "secret".

muttlieb
2005-07-19, 08:08 PM
They might get a larger pool of people to contribute if they dropped the ridiculous NDA, secret links, passwords, etc. and just made the Revit Beta available to all Revit subscribers in a similar manner as they do for any other build.

What a waste of effort that goes into keeping all of this a "secret". This is a great example of how making something a "secret" brings more of the wrong kind of attention than it would ever receive if it wasn't a "secret".Exactly. They basically lost a week or two because people either didn't get the email on how to get the beta or had problems signing up. Now they are sending out an email requesting more participation.....