PDA

View Full Version : Basic curbs?

craighowie
2005-07-19, 07:09 AM
Hey there all.
This is a extremely simple question which I am sure has a simple answer! Simple curbs are they just wall with their heights set low? As far as I am aware there is no specific curb tool, yet I could be wrong!
Thanks for your help
Craig Howie
Durban, South Africa

Mr Spot
2005-07-19, 07:44 AM
I typically use a floor slab edge with the appropriate profile. If there is no floor then model in-place or put a floor or wall there.

sfaust
2005-07-19, 03:28 PM
I've also used a railing with just one curb-profile rail and it worked pretty well. It's tough to get it organic if your site is hilly, but quick and easy if you have mostly flat and/or straight slopes.

captainbunsaver
2005-07-19, 03:29 PM
If you're talking about a curb next to a street or parking lot, I use model>create>sweep and make it a site component, using the profile of curb I have included with this posting. I usually make the material concrete. I make the top of the curb profile slightly higher than the 'grass' topo, and then place the parking lot 6" below top of profile.

Barry S

SCShell
2005-07-20, 01:44 PM
Hey there,

And yet another approach....
Simply use "floors" as curbs. Make a 6" wide concrete floor, as thick/deep as needed to match desired finish height and bottom, offset from the level as needed etc. The really nice thing about this approach is that you can have "sloping" curbs because of the slope command in floors. It does required you do do them in sections however if you have sloping and flat curbs, but it's not bad. I only use this approach if I am going to render the area however. (This was a "tip of the month" I believe for some time ago for "sloping curbs")

Good luck
Steve